View Single Post
      07-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #33
PJPHughes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '10 335d

This is good news in my opinion

People in the US have this obsession with insane horsepower and large displacement engines. I love my 335i, don't get me wrong, and BMW has made its name in the US recently due to high performance, but I'd love to see BMW bring the 320d here with the 204hp 2 liter diesel engine (from the 123d). Or even the 320Si that was a limited edition in Europe, with a high revving four cylinder. Power and fuel economy aren't a bad thing!! The 335d is a great first step, but they need to do more advertising, the way Audi is doing for the A3 and Q7 TDI. I'm actually replacing a 7 yr old Saab 9-5 wagon with a 2010 Jetta TDI wagon and can't wait to enjoy the diesel torque and efficiency. If BMW brought a diesel in the 3 series or 5 series wagon, I'd jump on that first, but they don't...

Diesel is now 30 cents cheaper than regular at many stations in LA now, and while it may not stay this way, it may start to drive people to realize that diesel is not the enemy. I think most Euro manufacturers should bring more diesel options here, and it will obviously help their MPG numbers.
Appreciate 0