View Single Post
      10-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

Buying a Used Mini

Hey guys, I'm looking for some info on Minis, I figured this is a good place to start. My girlfriend is looking to go back to school (dental school) next year. She currently drives a 2008 Highlander, which she wants to sell to get rid of her car payments.

She's looking at a couple minis. They are 2005-2006 with about 50k miles. So, my question is, how reliable are minis? Do they break down often? Are they pricy to fix (I assume they are)? She's going to be back in school for a few years without an income, so she wants something that isnt going to cost a ton to fix. Additionally, I doubt she will be putting more than 10k miles/year on it.

She's also looking at civics. They would be around the same miles and and same year. I feel like the civic would be a) cheaper to fix and b) more reliable. She really wants a mini tho, so if they are fairly dependable, she'll accept a little risk with the mini rather than the civic.

Thoughts?

To Do (Cosmetic): Black Line lights, Lux 4.0 Angel Eyes, 19" CSL HyperBlack
To Do (Performance): Exhaust (still undecided which brand), SSTT, FMIC (unsure what type)
Appreciate 0