10-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #49
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advskier View Post
With the possible demise of the V8 and 6MT you would think the world is coming to an end.
No matter what BMW does, and no matter how well it performs, there is no doubt that plenty of people around here will knock it.
Even now, plenty of people with older model M3's say the present V8 is not "pure", the car is too luxurious, and that it is too heavy. In spite of the fact that the E9x series outperforms all of the older models, and all of it's present competition. Then there are the people here who want even larger V8's. I would imagine the same people knocking DCT would have knocked Synchro Mesh as well, when it first came out. Electric starters take a lot of the hands-on purity out of the equation as well.

I love the mix of luxury and performance the present M3 offers. It will be interesting to see how the next model M3 improves on the present one, because I have little doubt it will.
In any case, I don't see many people (other than internet posters) running to other brands because of a lack of 6MT, because the other brands won't be offering it either.
If the next M3 is as big of an improvement over the E9x as the E9x was over prior models, and if it destroys the competition the way the E9x has in almost every review, I'm all in.
Well said!

Current: 2014 F10 M5
Previous: 2015 F80 M3, 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0