View Single Post
      07-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #53
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@UnitedBMW View Post
It's a little disappointing, but I'm sure the FIA will allow the Z4 GT3 to become a GTE car replacing the M3. They bent the rules by allowing the Viper to run a 8 liter even though only 5.5 liters is allowed. When you make one exception, another will be made. Now it comes down to cost. Also, you all are forgetting that BMW is just starting the DTM. The start-up costs are always the highest. I can understand why they didn't go to Le Mans, but it's still saddening especially when Audi flaunts 4 P1 cars, 2 of which have F1 technology.
The Z4 will not be approved for Le Mans by ACO or IMSA. The strict homologation rules simply won't allow it. At least not with the V8 in the car.

The Viper is a different story, for it to race and still follow homologation rules they had to let them run the 8.0L. They will just get an air restrictor like most other cars, theirs will just be much more restrictive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver E90 View Post
If BMW continues to race in the ALMS with RLL, it makes it easier to deal with the lack of support for this year. I hope that in the next year or two Rahal does get a shot at it.
It is apparent Rahal is already making the transitions back to a full Indycar effort. He has been ramping back up his Indycar team for sometime now. This was the first sign I saw that BMW was going to pull the plug on the E92.
Appreciate 0