05-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #81
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritable View Post
Awesome write-up. Thanks so much for that.

Honestly your write-up sounds exactly what I expected... slightly more power (LOTS more power?) with slightly less handling. Slightly worse interior build quality but slightly more gadgets. Personally I have my "fun" on weekend road trips driving on twisty rural highways (Julie knows well ), no auto-x and no road course track days, so I figure the compromises are ok by me.

Also, as opposed to restarting a 60mos loan in your case, I'm actually turning a 52mos loan into a 48mos loan. I pay slightly more per month but finish 4 months sooner, so I actually save about $3k over the remaining term (not including what I've already paid to BMW in the 8mos, of course... but I'm driving the car). If it happens, I'm also turning 3yrs 4mos full warranty into 4yrs full warranty and 5yrs powertrain warranty.

Finally, same as you, MY GARAGE is a point of concern, lol. With my M3 inside there is about 12-14in of clearance. The CTS-V Wagon is 10in longer, so I'm not even sure if the doors will close. Not quite sure about driving it home, though, as that car still has 12km on the clock and the dealership is 40km away.....
Man, I know you are trying to justify with the payments, warranty, etc. but until you test drive, it's all just needless theory. It would be great if you really end up liking it, but I think it's just as likely you'll think it's a huge change from an M. The additional power was actually not noticeable to me. "Less handling" would be a gross understatement. It does have decent suspension! But it's still like driving a fast bus.
Appreciate 0