05-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #74
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritable View Post
It was actually a test drive THEN sign the contract. Their offer, not mine. The prerequisite was that I had to get everything squared away first... financing and an actual commitment to buy based on test drive result.

The former was done... the latter wasn't there. I was worried that if I actually liked it, I would have brought it home... and then have to go through a bit of, ahh, "uncomfortable-ness" as I try to explain myself to the non-automotive-minded masses.
Herein lies the crux of the entire thread/discussion.

Until you spend at least an hour in the car (hell they should probably let you take it home overnight), then you should really not be considering buying one. You may end up loving it, and that is fine. But I thought the CTS-V Wagon was a dud. I drove the Coupe, too. Both Black Diamond editions. The inside was a gaudy mess (yellow seats + chrome dials + burled wood = yuck), and the auto transmission was ridiculous. It literally felt like I was driving a school bus. Sure, a school bus that could go fast on the highway! But "tossable" would not be a word anyone would use. I could not figure out how to defeat the very aggressive traction control. When they let you test drive, be sure and ask them how to turn it off, or down some.
Appreciate 0