Thread: PS2 Traction
View Single Post
      01-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #21
urbo73
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive

Sorry to hear this. Hope others can learn from this. Believe it or not, there are people on this forum that still don't believe this can happen (DSC on or off - doesn't matter really here) just because they got lucky when driving on PS2s in the cold. It's not about skill. It's about luck. Even at slow speeds and careful driving the back can snap out. It's very unpredictable. Some will learn the hard way still...I've seen it firsthand myself on Porsches...There are laws of physics, friction, and grip. No matter how good a driver, you can't break these laws. You may get away with it a few times and think you are good, but sooner or later....A friend of mine who used to race Formula Ford with me in SCCA, and was a pretty damn good driver, totaled his C2S the same way.

And to those that say you can warm up the tires so they are driveable, no you really can't. You won't get enough heat into them unless you start doing laps around the block and brake hard. It's not possible. Don't think you can spin them a bit, get heat, and then you'll be OK. You won't.
Appreciate 0