01-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
erm324
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKM View Post
Since your car is a DCT, the 535 kit delivers strong power vs a 6mt. Sound is going to be very similar to what you have now with a very faint whine. Centrifugal blowers do not make the "whine" that root blowers do, especially with low boost applications. You should make high 400's with a catless setup on a dynojet. ESS admits the 535 kit is underrated relative to other kits. As far as performance, up to 80mph approx you will be just as fast as any other kit if not faster because your tires will hook up better. I have 75 plus runs at the strip against a 625 6mt and AA stage2 plus meth and came out ahead up to 100. Do I want more, yes but that's just my personality. Mike at VAC with his VFE ran 10.6 at 129. I ran 11.6 at 122 on stock PS2's. With DR's its a low 11 second car. It's a big jump over what you have. I would start with the 535 because you can always upgrade. ESS uses the same blower for all applications. You would add new intake, injectors, pulley and tune.

Where in NY are you? Im in northern NJ. As long as we get no snow and the first salting doesn't occur, I'll take you out for a ride
+1, the major difference between the 535 kit and the intercooled versions is predominantly over 100mph once the car starts stretching its legs
Appreciate 0