View Single Post
      06-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq
I just changed to braided lines on my 335i and I can feel the difference. After 3 track days I felt like the pedal felt a little soft under hard braking so I changed the lines and fluid. I was out last weekend and the pedal definitly felt more firm.
Because you cooked the fluid and bled the brakes most likely.

I would run stock rubber lines with my stoptechs if I could. Cut a stock line in two sometime there is a lot more going on than just rubber. I will believe they are superior right after we start running stainless braided tires or someone shows me some data showing there is less pressure drop across less than a foot of hose in stainless jacketed lines, or explains why i should run them despite the fact I have seen numerous stainless braided lines fail due to manufacturing defects but not once seen a rubber line fail even when severely aged, though of course it does happen the sample size is infinitely larger with the stock style lines.

IMO these have caught on because they are cheap shiny and based on improving "feel" which is easy to sell when the purchaser has confirmation bias.