View Single Post
      12-10-2009, 07:36 AM   #37
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

I just got the reduced power malfunction light two days ago when it was under 40 degrees...... First time it happened! I need the fix too..... I hope I can get the flash tool soon!!!

Agree on the support btw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
Sorry, I should have made it clearer. I had the powerchip tune already. I actually got the first powerchip tune during the beginning of the summer, was one of their first tunes. I later got the "engine malfunction" error, jeremy instantly got on it and basically figured out a fix for it... They retuned my car with the new software. However, I think due to the weather or something, i got the error again. So monday I got on the phone with them. Jeremy said he knew that was a temp fix and that the new software they have is finally complete. Jayjay from powerchip came to me and in about 30 min reflashed my car. The new software makes this car feel like a complete monster. Feels much stronger and best of all, have taken it to redline constantly to test it correctly and absolutely no errors. I believe the issue is the torque limiter or something. It took them a few times to try to figure out excatky where it should be, and i beleive they got it. I wouldnt even think about switching tunes even If I had gotten the light again. Jeremy and his crew have lots of knowledge with these cars. Coudlnt be happier. If anyone in the NYC area would like to get a ride, i have no prob. U guys just have to meet up with me. But im telling u, u will b surprised at the diff.

PS: im going by rldzao's (or something like that lol) thread to speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Everyone else should learn to do the same haha..