BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
CPI is manipulated not to make us look good to other countries, but rather to make our situation look better to the ourselves(sheeple)...when fake inflationary measures are artifically low, the govt/Feds are giving themselves the greenlight to print more funny money saying there is no inflation...they are tricking the bond mkt into not demand more interest on our debt...they are pressuring other countries to keep their own interest rates low too...but when they do this they are RAISING your tax burden...bet you will be first one to sheet your pants if Obama declared your tax rate going up by 15% next yr but you will sit idle when we keep printing money we dont have and this creates inflation which is exactly the same thing as raising your tax rate.

But what this does is rob the savers of the world as they cant live off of 3% interest in treasuries and bonds when true inflation running close to 10%...so this forces people out of bonds and into mkts driving up prices of gold and silver cotton, wheat, copper even more...gas included.

If you are ok with this, please dont complain later this yr when gas tops 5.00 a gallon.

My point in all is this, all this sheet I am saying to you is all inter-connected...when inflation goes up companies have to pay more for raw goods, in a bad economy they cant raise prices, so the obvious way to cut expenses is people...hence the layoffs and =hiring freezes...its all connected...unless something changes, it will be you that will get laid off instead of your unfortunate neighbor and then the sheet really comes home.

I am a big picture type of guy...I see many things as all being connected in some way...dont let the crooks blind you...at some point we must fight back and repeal the Fed Reserve Act and back our currency my a hard asset such as gold or silver...its the only way in the long run to maintain stability imho.
OK thanks, again, I don't need an econ lesson, or someone telling me I'm a sheep or don't know what I'm talking about because they've got it all figured out, as evidenced by links to CNBC articles and made up statistics. What money is backed by is arbitrary, since it is then linked to perceived value of that specific good (which is likewise arbitrary). Control of money expansion is much more the issue, and at least we will both agree there that it isn't being controlled very prudently. I could keep going, but frankly it's pointless, as you've already made your lack of grasp on the situation apparent to me, and thus a waste of my time. Arggg can take over if he feels like it.
Appreciate 0