BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by arggg45 View Post
but if you don't like it, you have the ability through relatively elementary math and a quick search for historical prices of equitable goods and services, to create a price index of your own, including what you want...
And CPI is calculated on the same basket of goods regardless of the country...so whether or not you agree with the goods used to calculate CPI, you can't argue they are manipulated to make the US look better when it is the SAME FOR EVERY COUNTRY...and it's not like it's ability to buy flatscreens...it's food, it's clothing, it's shelter...I don't know why I keep coming into this thread...must be interesting being one of the "enlightened" ones in this thread

And I can't remember who posted it, but I don't need CNBC to tell me what's going on, they're often quite late with relevant analysis as it is. CNBC employs Jim Cramer too, right? They are a news organization. They are interested in ratings. You shouldn't need CNBC to tell you what's happening either, especially if your adamant about not trusting "the system"
Appreciate 0