View Single Post
      01-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #9
Loganman
Rep
Drives: 330 Ci

2011 M3 Convertible

I test drove the sedan and the convertible in the DCT and manual this past weekend to figure out what I want. I am going with the 6MT. I currently drive a 5spd 330i convertible.

I also want an individual color. The salesman (BMW of Sterling here in the DC area) sad he has done a few cars with individual colors so we talked about a few combos. I settled on a ruby black/platinum novilllo/maple wood combo.

I mentioned that I would put the order in in March (when the 2011 was available). He called me yesterday and said he called the port and they said they would put the request through to Germany and would let me know what the response is to my request. He said it takes one to two weeks to get a response.

He also said that 2010 M3 CAN NOT be ordered anymore and the 2011 will not be available until Feb/March.

My concern in all this is how can you put in a request for a individual color if the cars are not available yet. I guess buy the time the 2011 are ready it may coincide with my approval/denial for my color request.

He must feel confident because he did not ask for a secondary color.
Appreciate 0