10-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #12
AlpWtE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMOS View Post
The attorneys do not work for free. I would suggest that you ask the dealer for a buyback (or whatever you want) before wasting time with the laywers.

Between you and me, it's not the students with the best grades that go to work for the lemon law firm.
+1. Do the consultation with them if you like, but you might want to wait until you really have no choice before you sign any engagement or retainer agreement with an attorney. The attorneys gotta get paid somehow, so if they're not getting paid by you, they're gonna get their money from the settlement or whatever cash they can get from the dealer/BMW NA, likely reducing your recovery. Personally, I would do some research about the CA lemon laws and see if this is something you can take care of without the assistance of a lawyer. You can start here: http://www.ag.ca.gov/consumers/general/lemon.php
Make sure you keep all the records of your visits to the dealer as well as your correspondence with the dealer and BMW NA. If you haven't already, correspond with the dealer and BMW NA in writing so you have a record of everything.

good luck.
Appreciate 0