04-21-2009, 06:17 AM   #6
Samifumi
Private First Class
Syria
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMIII View Post
Just a question...if I bought a loaded 08 M3 e92 brand new, what would be the market value in 3 years after 30,000 miles?

Space Gray Coupe
Silver Novillo
Premium
Cold
Tech
Enhanced sound
Carbon Fiber roof

Sticker $70,770
A CPO'ed Space Gray with DCT just sold at Schomp BMW in Colorado for $54,000 (or less). It retailed for $72k+, was owned for 5 months, and had approximately 10,000 miles. The CPO warranty is about $5000 when purchased individually. I've refused to give dealers their asking prices on a new M3 because of the enormous depreciation the car has been taking, but that's probably why I still don't have an M3.

I am going to end up with an M3, but I don't know when and what year model. If I continue to wait, I'm probably going to wait for a 2009 with the updated iDrive to hit the CPO market (the CPO market is more willing to swallow the depreciation instead of trying to prop up resale values). All things being equal, my preference is to have the 2009 than the 2008 because of the iDrive interface alone. That should factor into the expected value of the car 3 years down the road.

I briefly negotiated with Fields Auto in Daytona on the Space Gray M3 Coupe w/DCT you purchased. I offered $54,000 expecting to eat some of the depreciation. Clearly, we didn't see eye to eye on many things. They told me someone in Spring, Texas purchased for around $60,000 (and tried to rub it in my face no less). Classy guys those car dealers. I presume that person is you, so Congratulations are in order.
Appreciate 0