View Single Post
      06-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #35
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi-Poor View Post
Just put a level to mine (cold) and both sides seem even. Look even by eye as well. In this post looks even in some photos but not in others may be angle of shot.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493092
Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. Height-wise and side-to-side the tips are in symmetrical spots. I'm referring to how far the tips stick out backwards past the bumper. Based on the thread you provided, and looking at some of the detailed pictures, it appears that there is always one side that sticks out slightly more than the other. Easy way to tell is if you stand right behind your car and look down (almost looking on top of the trunk lid) and you move back a little until you can see the tips, there is a chance that you may see more of the tips on side than the other. Yu can also use the engraved ///M's as reference to see if both sides are sticking out equally or if there is a slight difference.

The difference is so minimal I almost don't want to bother with it…but I'm assuming the way to go about adjusting it would be by loosening the clamps where the pipes go into the mufflers, and pull/push each side until the tips are sticking out equally on both sides.
Appreciate 0