View Single Post
      07-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #42
E Pluribus Unum
...trying to enjoy life...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3

I checked out a Camaro ZL1 yesterday and have to admit, its a beast. Inferno Orange in color and a true spartan on the interior which was surprisingly a welcomed sight. 580 Hp/556 lb-ft torque, 0-60 4.0 secs (manual), quarter mile in ~12.1 secs (manual), Brembo brakes 6 piston (F) calipers...14.6" front rotors and 4 piston (R) calipers...14.4" rear rotors, 3rd gen magnetic ride control suspension, monster tires (F: 285/35/20, R: 305/35/20).....so yeah a lot to be desired. The sound it makes is amazing as well; undoubtedly an awesome machine. With all that said I couldn't see myself giving up my M3 for it, because its the all around winner for me. It may not be the most powerful car on the block but its definitely balanced. It has good power, great interior room especially in the rear (something lacking in most of its competitors), and has a level of sophistication integrated in all facets and components. Its funny though because even with my strong commitment to the M I still find myself checking out the Camaro.......funny.
Appreciate 0