View Single Post
      08-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #57
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Good race all together. Few thoughts.

Webber: Good pace, patience, and a bit of luck with Vettel's issues. No complaints on him from me today. Still not a big fan of his, but I respect the drive he put out there.

Hamilton: I couldn't be more disappointed by how it ended for him. And I don't see anything to blame save just poor luck. He was in such an inferior car, that 4th place finish would have been IMMENSE for his WDC standings until Mclaren gets things going again. Unfortunately, mechanical issues do happen and often at the worst of times. Hopefully, he can keep his optimism up. Seems to be one of his strengths as a driver, to always stay position. I expect great things to come once Mclaren get back into the pace of the Bulls and Horses.

Vettel: I feel Vettel was robbed of a win he probably deserved to have. And I think Webber getting the win is probably the biggest blow to him. Both drivers have been pushing so hard for Red Bull, and all the luck seems to go to Webber. Maybe its just a patience thing and Vettel needs to bide his time a bit more and learn consistency during a race. He has a right to be upset though.

Alonso: Nothing to say here really. Smooth drive. No controversy. Clearly faster than Massa today.

MSC: I see how his defensive move could have been bad. But Rubens clearly wasn't going to pull back, which I think made things worse. MSC did give plenty of room once Rubens was through, though probably partly out of fear of a wreck. I will say though, David Coulthard's commentary of MSC after that incident was a bunch of personal vendetta laced bias. DC clearly has an issue with MSC after their previous incidents and he needs to learn to let things go. Taking small jabs at MSC over the commentary is uncalled for. I'd almost rather take the Speed's interpretation instead than listen to his drivel.