08-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #48
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
you guys have clearly never been to a trackday

I'm not the fastest guy out there, hell I've had to get out of the way of a well driven Mini and a Miata, on the other hand I've been held up by Vettes, 911 turbos, STI, EVO

it's not about the car, it's about the driver. Pull your head out of the car mags and go get some real experience

you guys in 335's would have ZERO chance keeping up with a well driven Miata, even with Procede... why are so many people selling those BTW?
No, I've never been to a road course track; not interested in killing my car (tires, suspension, possible overheating, etc.). I have been to the 1/4 mi. drag strip though...lots of fun. I understand what you're saying...knowing how to drive your car properly and on a race course takes practice like everything else, but you can't deny that with two equal drivers -- one in a 325i and one in a 335i would result in a win for the 335i on pretty much any race course (especially since the 335i handles as well or better than the 325i and it's much faster). This is not "magazine racing," but common sense.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0