View Single Post
      07-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #33
IbanezGod
997TT, X5M
Rep
Drives: 997TT, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwSC8 View Post
The video of you driving through the reservation, is that windows up or down, I'm having a hard time figuring that out.

From the research I've done, there's for sure no doubt with the old OEM mod method. The only thing I'm concerned about is whether I'll be happy with the volume.

I can only assume that the ACM method is extremely loud during cold start up?
It's with windows down. It's definitely louder but nothing as lound as an SS Race or Ginitani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
Either your def or you are driving it in the rpm band that is outside the drone range. If you have a 6M than its in a different range than the DCT but for DCt its 7th gear between 72-80. This is not something that varies, it is the harmonics of this engine and exhaust pulse produced by the engine. Unless you have an xpipe or something that is not stock which I cannot speak to.

Problem is "drone" to one is "no drone" to another. Peoples hearing is notoriously different
There is a hum when my foot is on the gas slightly, but I don't consider that drone. I consider drone to be an annoying bass inside the cabin, none of the sounds so far have been annoying. But you're right it's different to everyone. Well if anyone is in NJ and want to hear it. Give me a shout