Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
The East coast. More years experience taxing the shit out of residents. They really know how to squeeze blood out of a rock.

You would love the taxes in New Mexico.
So true and sad..not to mention the bullshit tolls they charge you and turnpikes... I have to tell you California, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Utah, etc residents would laugh at the state government if they tried to bring toll roads there. We have some bridges and thats a no brainer but it cost me over $100 dollars in tolls to get to Maine and they are state/public highways. What a load of shit and east coast folks keep paying the bullshit fees, thus they keep enforcing them. You cats need to learn to stick up for yourself and petition this crap. It's unacceptable.

Now getting back to original poster; REGARDLESS of what you take home per month the max you should be paying for ANY vehicle, short of super car status, should be $500-$600 a month for a car payment. Anything over that means in reality you cannot afford the car in hand, period. I don't care if you clear $19,000 a month...and you have a $699 a month car payment? WTF is that? Ghetto... You should be able to pay cash for that car.

I was looking at a $115,000 Gallardo .
Vehicle price ($): $114,999
Down payment ($): $7500
Trade-in allowance ($): $70,000
Tax Rate (%): 0%
Interest Rate (%): 2%
Number of payments (# months): 60

Loan amount: $37,000
Monthly payment amount: $657.29

To me this is too much of a car payment. Realistically I can't afford it. Could I? Sure, but its not worth it this close to retirement. I would do $500 a month on the 2011 Gallardo (probably could sell 2 firearms and come up with $10k but not right now). I am on the edge but right now I am about to retire with a paid off home and 3 vehicles. To me thats worth more than owing on one car and having 1 paid off with a paid off home.
Bringing debt into retirement is something I don't want to do, period.

Last edited by Endless619; 06-29-2013 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 0