02-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #156
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Definitely noticeable, a very nice compliment to the AngeliBrights.
yeah, they work nicely. can't complain about the price either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white9duece View Post
esquire,

The car is looking awesome, and great choice of color. I would like to add my 2 cents in here about my opinion. have you considered doing a Dakar yellow ring/time attack around the wheel? Very thin, not too thick, but also painting the part that touches the bead of the tire, So basically masking the inner circle only. Also, running a black outline around the rear taillights to simulate the "black lines" on the sedan taillights. Either or, the car is looking great and keep us updated
I haven't considered that. Its not really what I'm going for, but the mockup looked a lot better than I expected. I was surprised to see that a yellow time attack actually could work on a car like this. At some point I might do a time attack just to say I did it, but its nothing i would do in the near future.

Regarding the rear tail lights, if anything I would get them painted/tinted a slightly darker color. But right now I'm really loving the LCI tail lights, so I think I'm going to go with those for a while. Maybe you could show me a pic of exactly what you mean though to give me a better idea of what you had in mind.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01'325rip View Post
like the time attack stripe idea alot wanted to do it to my car but i dont know how it would look with stock 18's im trying to think of a great color theme for my car. ( jetblack/fox red )
sorry for going off topic. here is a quick mock up of what it would look like. for your car ( i suck at photoshop )
Thanks for the mockup man. It looks a lot better than I thought it would. Like I said above though, not really part of the design philosophy i had in mind for this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NycE93M3 View Post
^looks good

Thanks NYC. More coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHB View Post
I'm just curious about something. I'm new to this post and now I read it everyday. I bought my 2011 e90 m3 in December and had some questions and this forum has been helpful and interesting to say the least. I've noticed older post get repeated sometimes. Is the original contributor re-posting or do other people do it.
That being said I do love this yellow e92 and would love to see some new pictures of it.
IHB. I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say older posts get repeated sometimes. Every time someone posts onto a thread that thread gets bumped up to the top of the thread list. Does that answer your question? Or were you going somewhere else with that?

Anyway, some new pictures are coming soon. By the end of NEXT week, I should have my Vorsteiner Trunk installed, along with a few other small goodies.

Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the front though. Euro Front Bumper with Lip? (biggest problem here is that there are no lips that I really like out there). RDSport Stradale Front Bumper? I've even recently started considering the Amuse Front Bumper. We'll see I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
ditch the "black and yellow" in favor of some color matched yellow HRE's!
Not looking to do the color matched rims. Not my thing. Though I admit they don't look bad, it just gives the car a more "toy"-ish look. And that's just not the look I'm going for.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0