footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
but you had said...Audi developed this car to take down the M3?...hmmmm
Well shiggy, I don't believe you are as (insert word ) as you are letting on here, of course each manufacture develops their replacement to surpass the model it's just replace, each M3 has done this very thing. Now that this is cleared up, back to the link of Sportauto's wet lap times, the M3 was how much slower???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
in another thread, you said that awd drive cars with quicker period... seems like this isnt the case is it?
When all else is equal and considering the RS5 is 300+lbs heavier I think it's doing rather well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
This is just inaccurate. On public road or on a track, BMW and Mercedes and Audi each have vastly different drive feels. My friend, a former BMW guy, owns a c63 AMG and we regularly swap cars for fun. in driving his car, the c63 feels worlds more disconnected from the road than the M3 - like your driving on a cloud. I can also say the same of an e63 which I"ve also driven on numerous occasions. He agrees with my assessment about the car and regrets his decision to go with mercedes. Even if you like the mercedes driving feel, there is little doubt about the fact that the two cars feel entirely different on the road. Regarding Audi, I have similar sentiment, though obviously I haven't driven the RS5 and can't speak from personal experience. But of all the other Audi's I've driven, I can say that its driving feel and experience is distinctly different from that of BMW.
With the exception of Porsche sportscars, the other German brands (Audi, BMW and Mercedes) feel rather similar. Yes there are subtle differences and yes out of these three it's BMW with the best steering feel of it's still small differences all the same.
Appreciate 0