View Single Post
      11-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #189
Presidio335xi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyener
Im more of a lurker then a poster on forums unless its to give props to some well done cars. However some post from SOME 335I owners bugs the $hit outta me. Like this one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
You're kidding right? Without a blower none of the M3s will touch the CTSV stock let alone modded and I don't care how many bolts on you have. I rape non supercharged M3s all day and i drive a 3 series 335. Lol
Im not calling this one member out, it's just an example and theres plenty others with this attutide.

I just want to get this out there.

So what if your MODDED 335I might be faster in a straight line? You think if we can afford our M3s that we couldn't get a 335I or something even faster in a straight if we wanted to? Maybe we wanted our M3s cause it has one of the BEST N/A V8s out there, laps tracks faster, handles better, brakes better, steers better, looks better, SOUNDS 10x better and has a superior transmission DCT & 6MT then your 335I. So thanks for keeping us informed that you car might be faster then ours.

END RANT
I just read this whole thread. Wow.

Too many different types of owners with different goals to make any definite conclusions. Given some of the blanket "feelings" statements on both ends suggests there are some really pathetic people on both sides.

My 335 is my first car I ever bought (age 26) Couldn't afford a M3. Luckily I've had the pleasure of growing up in a BMW family and drove many M5 and M3s. Always wanted one.

Once I got the 335 and started making more money I started to tune my car and feel in love with that process. The only real difference now between my car and an M3 is that I modded my 3 series and BMW Motorsport tuned the your 3 series.

Whose is better? Subjective opinions. That can't be argued by anyone here.

I can say that now that I can afford a M3 I wouldn't buy one because I like having my car with parts and driving characteristics that I choose.

Personally preference.