View Single Post
      05-29-2008, 08:37 PM   #79
gbb357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
By that standard my Elise is the better car. However, I let it sit at home most days and drive the BMW instead. The Elise is ~8 seconds a lap faster at laguna seca. Surely its a better car.

The M3 is a comfortable car with enough performance to keep me happy on my comutes to and from work. It serves my purpose when I need to haul people around other than myself. It has a trunk for when I need to go shopping (or haul the other cars tires to the installer).

There is a reason many here have multiple cars. I simply don't enjoy driving the elise on the street the same way I do the BMW. Its too hard core for every day use. So I have it for weekend fun and the BMW for commuter use.

I almost bought an M6 instead of the M3. Then I drove one and didn't like the way it felt. Yes its faster but far less enjoyable despite comfort. It lacks the feel of the M3. To me the new M3 is the right blend of performance, feel, and comfort for a car I need to use most days.

I have also looked at the V8 vantage a couple times. I was never able to justify buying one based on the cost compared to what I would get.

There is no "best" car, only best car for a purpose. Anyone who thinks otherwise is trying to push their opinion on everyone else.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357
The M3 coupe is probably the best and most practical everyday sports car you can get regardless of what price range. Of course there are some other cars out there that will be faster and quicker like the GTR, Z06, just to name a few, but they're not as practical or versatile.
Appreciate 0