View Single Post
      10-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #67
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Here's a hint then, don't buy an iPhone in August. Every year in October, there's an updated iPhone. Almost like clockwork.
This was the first October iPhone release. The latest another iPhone has ever been released is July 11 (3G). Don't make an assumption if you don't know what you're talking about.

I don't understand this thread. iPhones have been coming out in a predictable manner (besides this year's 3+ month delay) since their launch, both in spec and form.

I've owned every iPhone (some multiple times), but only because I've been in the business of reselling and it costs me very little to upgrade every year. I find people have very diverse opinions, often because they don't understand how Apple/AT&T/jailbreaking/unlocking works and as a result have the opinion that Apple's products are expensive, restrictive, inferior, etc.

I respect blackberrys and may even own one if I'm put in a position where I need to answer e-mails 24/7. I prefer my iPhone (and the reason I got my first one) simply because it combines an iPod and phone into one device which accomplishes both functions pretty damn well. I have yet to try a friend's Android/Win7 phone which I like enough to consider buying.

We all have our opinions, and there are enough different phones to go around. I don't have a need to get every new device as it comes out, and usually stay with something until it breaks or no longer accommodates my needs technologically. Yet I have plenty of respect for apple because they have turned many consumers into precisely the type of people that do go out and get their devices as soon as they're updated, because they feel they "need" them. These are also typically the same people that do exactly what apple "recommends," don't modify their devices in any way, and dish out hundreds, thousands of dollars each year thinking it's a fair payment for what they get. If I accomplished that with my company's products, I'd be pretty damn happy.

Last edited by yakev724; 10-05-2011 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 0