04-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #37
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3CDFR View Post
You may want to look into whether to bring/use your V1 in Germany/France. .... tell-tale sniper scope attachment on top), or a radar unit mounted in a car/or on a tripod by the road.
Good advice - thanks. @kloh - don't mean to

Quote:
.considering how small and tight the roads are, you'll want to slow down anyway to avoid the kids/etc. The locals won't slow down and will tailgate you all through their own small village...speeding by their own neighbors and kids.
I never do this in any case - it's moronic. Also, I used to live in Bayern, in a small village, and I detested arscholes who sped through Yes, and what's up w/ impatient locals - too bad, we'll just have to take it easy until I blow you off

Quote:
As an alternative, get a GPS that has the camera database loaded into it or a dedicate camera GPS located like the Inforad. If you have a Blackberry or a PDA, TelNav has a GPS navigation program that loads the camera positions as well. Germany you should be able to find quite a bit of open road to enjoy.
Will look into it. I have an iPhone, not a Crackberry. Yes, Deutschland is still a driver's dream - but there's a growing movement, as you know, to seek to impose speed limits.

Enjoy this time - and V8s - while it lasts!

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i

Last edited by Voltigeur; 04-04-2009 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 0