11-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #7
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
It's AT&T. She thinks it's because she had Cingular and it keeps switching networks. Not sure what the deal is. All I know is everyone tells me to stay away from AT&T. If it wasn't for the Iphone, I don't think a lot of people would be customers.
i have to disagree. first, i don't think it's at&t...it's got to be verizon. all CDMA carriers got into the SMS game really late. back in the day, when receiving a SMS on a CDMA carrier, you used to have to pull of web browser to view or send an SMS. it has always been shady at best texting someone on a CDMA network from a GSM network. i never have trouble texting anyone on a GSM carrier like at&t or t-mo because SMS was designed for use on GSM while it was merely adapted for CDMA carriers.

secondly, there really isn't anything wrong with at&t's network. it's the largest GSM network in the country and i haven't had any coverage or dropped call issues in years. all i ever hear about verizon anywhere outside of the tri-state area is that verizon sucks. CDMA = old skool.
Appreciate 0