Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXmtrhed View Post
Is your 330 that much faster? Must be all in the corners.

We had more rain on Sunday, though not hard enough to create puddles in Turn 1. I ran two sessions back to back in it with DSC off - what a blast! The guy in the red GTR said he had a lot of fun watching me skipping through 1. Of course he dropped me like a stone immediately after.

My next TWS event is with TDE in October (CW again). On the waiting list for the Yellow group though.
Wish I would have come out for that 2nd day...didn't want to push my luck with my wife.

Generally, I'm a lot more confident in the turns with my 330. Just have to worry about the engine blowing up again from my tune.

The biggest difference are the brakes. I know I can beat the brakes on my 330 up and they'll stop. So I generally brake later for every turn in my 330. For sat, I ran with the OEM pads in the M3...while they worked, the brakes weren't exactly confidence inspiring. I have more issues with the rear end getting light under hard braking in the M3 since the brakes are so damned grabby. So I tried not to brake so hard into T15 to keep the rear planted and then this happened...

Yeah, didn't use all of the track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by docphang View Post
It was great running with you guys and getting lots of free advise. This was only my second event, and so I'm very happy with having passed my solo check ride on Saturday. I will need camber plates and some new rubber as my stock pilot sports are excessively worn on outside edge from two weekends of abuse! I'm looking forward to the next PDS in August.
Nice seeing you again! Yeah, camber plates save tires.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0