View Single Post
      03-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #23
JIO
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 Space Gray E92 M3 w/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin13 View Post
To give a general idea about weight of options, the lowest weight I've seen was a member that posted 3540 lbs for a AW e92 with the only option being 19s. That's with no driver and full tank. I think that's the lightest configuration possible for a stock M3. For comparison, Edmunds got a 3590 curb weight with the following options:

19-Inch Wheels With Performance Tires, Park Distance Control (Rear Only), HD Radio, iPod and USB Adapter, Premium Package, Technology Package, Cold Weather Package

I think the only things left off were sunroof, which we do have a number for and power sun shade and enhanced premium sound which I'm not aware of numbers for.

My '09 M3 Coupe with carbon fiber roof (no sunroof) and everyother possible option, right down to smartphone integration and iPhone cradle) with a full tank of gas registered 3640 lbs at a truck weigh station (without me in the car). Now the accuracy of the scales are plus or minus 20 lbs, so the car is somewhere between 3620 and 3660 lbs. What it does say is there is not really that much of a difference (less than about 100 lbs) between stripped and loaded (not counting roof). Now if I could lose enough weight to get down to my birth weight of 7 lbs 2oz.....my M3 would be really fast...he he.
Appreciate 0