View Single Post
      05-15-2007, 02:49 AM   #13
M3_biggest_fan
Rep
Drives: M3 E46 SMGII

Post Some more info!!

We also talked about the brakes and the long critics of it because they get hot very soon in track or in agrsive/sport driving, so the brakes are now in a new material, special compound, not still ceramic and he told us they were not going to give ones as option neither, but the calipers where in aluminium, so the sustention mass is lower as well. We didn't talked much about the averall weigth of the car but I imagine, that more airbags, more electronics, the new regeneration electrics and more new stuff makes it heavier!!!

The new gearbox is beeing made with ZS, will be available in may 2008, well at least the production starts there because is still in it's development proces.

About the reduction wieght of the roof I was the same way, 80 kg are too much but he explained quite better than I do, and finaly he convinced me, 15kg is the difference betwen the steel roof and the carbon fiber, then you have tu add the sunrrof, small engines, electronics, the glass, so from -15 to +65 are these 80 kg he told us!!!
Appreciate 0