View Single Post
      04-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
JHAKIMI
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M4 6-Speed

New E93 M3 owner - observations and issues ?

Hey guys. Im reaching out regarding my 08 E93 M3. I purchased the car 5 months ago with 7k miles and have experienced a few things.

1) Limp mode - Upon a cold start in colder weather (under 60 degrees) after the vehicle has been sitting, the car will trigger the limp mode as show in the picture below. If I let the car idle on its own for around 45 seconds, its fine, but if I immideately put the car in gear and start driving, this gets triggered. I basically turn off the car, lock it, unlock and start again and everything is fine. Before I go to the stealer, I wanted to ask for any insight on this.

2) My car is a 6speed and I can rev past redline - 8600rpm is the farthest I have pushed it so far. The vehicle also doesnt seem to have a govenor on it as I have witnessed 170mph a few times late late at night on the way home from the airport on a small empty stretch of hwy I frequent. Would this be an indication of a software tune?

3) My car has a first aid kit under the front passanger seat. Is this a ED thing??? I cannot get much info on the previous owner.

4) Warranty is about to expire and I only have 11k miles. Anything that is a cronic issue on the E93. Ive been an E46 person all my life so the E93 and verts in general are new to me.

Other than what I describe, I cant tell you how much I love this vehicle. It is enjoyed by my 3 yr old daughter as well as she gets to ride in the back seat with a booster of course.

Thanks for all the help!

Regards,

Justin
Attached Images