View Single Post
      08-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #89
paulGT3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Thanks Tim for that another adult post.

You know what I this is mostly my fault I thought that more M3 owners tracked their cars.
This must not be the case if you did you would know the single piston BMW design would not
last. I have seen alot of previous generation M3s at the track I assumed that the E92 M3
would be on the track too but I can tell from posts like Art that many dont ever see the track
sorry for my incorrect assumption.

Seems there are 2 trolls M3Kevin joins the list another who can't read
You seem to miss the point I owned a Z4M with the same outdated M brake design
Not to mention the 2 335is and my X5 albeit non of those have been on the track
with that and the 3 911s all four on the track
As soon as you show you can read please come back and join the conversation.

Again I thank those who participated and didnt take this an insult my question was an
honest one. WHy does BMW put an outdated design on the M3. That has been answered
and to those whom were adult about it and honestly admitted the design is beneath the car I appreciate your response.
So the summary was the BMW engineers didnt contract with a real performance brake company like Brembo till AFTER the M3 came out We will see the proper brake package come out next year or the 10 model. The proof is the 135i already is showing that BMW knows it fields a inferior brake setup on the Mcars and is correcting the problem. Although I think the 135 brakes are over boosted which is a typical BMW trait. Seems like they overboost to make up for the single design. The first 335i I had was VERY grabby
For you guys who felt it necessary to feel insulted and hurl insults I am a bit ashamed that this kind of behavior came in this type of forum. This rarely happens in the GT3 forums. Maybe the higher cost brings a more mature driver. What I saw here bordered on reminding me what the Nissan forum is like or even the Corvette forum are like. A bunch of bench racers quoting magazine tests from Road and Track or C & D.
Let me advise you that if you EVER bring those up in a Porsche forum or a Ferrari forum you WILL be attacked IMMEDIATELY. To get better information go to the track and hang out there and see what the people there are doing. They KNOW better than
ANY car mag or go to some serious tuners like GMG racing in Los Angeles or Sharkwerks in the Bay area for Porsche examples. GMG races GT3 RSRs in the Speed world Challenge races and brings their track knowledge to its customers. They have helped me set up my 997 GT3 Sharkwerks provided me my exhaust and my FIKSE wheel package.

For those of you like M3 Kevin that dont think I know about cars, well I dont like to bring up credentials because most of the time in adult forums its not necessary. I have been a special contributer to Adrian Strether when he wrote the book "the 993 companion" and his 996 book of the same topic. Look in the beginning pages to confirm. I also contribute to the Porsche Marketing letter magazine. I write articles that pertain to modding your newer 911 from 993s and newer. I cover tuners like GMG Sharkwerks and FIKSE.

Now I will tell you the reason behind my post. I absolutely LOVE my X5 4.8iS. Its my daily. I have 30K miles on it. I dont want to sell it or trade it in. I want an other daily and after driving my wifes new 335i I just love that BMW too. But I would like a little more spirited car than hers. I am seriously thinking of the M3 for my Daily and occasional track car. The GT3 to me may be the last "Great" 911 as Porsche is moving to its wet sump design cheaper motor for its GT cars and even the Turbo. So I may be done with Porsche. I dont want to trash the GT3 anymore as I am thinking it may be a classic. THe M3 seems to be the one that can fill all those issues. In spite of the brake package. That is easily fixed and not a major stumbling block for me.
I did NOT come in here to start a flame war. I dont know the forum that well. I have been insulated by the Rennlist GT3 forum as it stays on topic and flame wars are rare without a troll coming in but they are quickly discovered. The GT3 community is small.
I probably wont add anything more here as I was hoping for better.
I WILL probably lurk and will post at the 335 forum since we had to turn in the first one and I can help people who run into issues with the oil cooler and fuel pumps since We had both on our first one.
I thank Radiaton Joe for not getting upset and returning some good info too.

If anyone wants to get ahold of me PM me I would be happy to carry on an adult conversation about cars.

07 Z4M
06 4.8iS X5
07 GT silver GT3
Appreciate 0