05-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #25
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Just had the 1,200-mile service done, and at least I know they used the correct tranny and engine oil, but wish I had found this forum yesterday.

Anyway, oil level shows halfway between arrows, and tech said NOT to put any more since he already put the 8.8 quarts called for. Well, it's 8.8 LITERS, or 9.3 qts, which explains why 1/2-qt low. He also said it might take days for the level to show up correctly, which is crap, right? What's the best way you recommend to check the level? Car idling after a long drive? While driving? My new car had the owner's manual missing and it's on the way, so please give me a break. Thanks gang.
He might of meant liters, but just said quarts. The electronic level guage does suck. Per my post here http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=15 it was still telling me to put in a quart after putting in 8,75 and driving it a couple times. I don't know the BEST way to get an accurate quick reading, but you definitely want to error on the conservative side and keep[ track of how much you add.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0