05-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #49
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///My5UV View Post
I'm pretty sure they require a working engine for the core, but they might be willing to work something out. The web page just says "suitable", so as long as the block hasn't been ventilated they might just add a surcharge for replacing all the bearings and seals that they might otherwise have been able to leave alone.

As for the people saying you don't want the car back...unless the frame is tweaked, I would want my car back. The engine, wheel, and suspension bits are just parts, easily replaced. "It'll never be the same"...um yeah, it'll be a brand new engine
+1

I want my car back. Financially it makes the most sense for me. As far as resale, I am not concerned about that because I have no plans to sell it any time soon and plus, even if I did it should still be ok because it is an M3 and that is all some people care about . Plus if I get the stroker engine then it will be really special.

So check this out.... I just talked with the guys at Dinan and they said that what usually happens in cases like this is the insurance gives me or the dealership the money for a new engine and I can just have the dealer order a Dinan Stroker engine for 1k less then a regular S65! As long as the dealer sends back the old engine which he said the insurance company usually lets them do for free or next to nothing. It is the same exact engine as far as installation goes. The Dinan engine is exactly the same except it is just bored and stroked... oh, and it puts out an extra 80hp/85trq! Those numbers are just for the engine alone.

It looks like this might actually work as long as they dont total my car :-)!