View Single Post
      04-30-2014, 04:35 PM   #39
vegaseric
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by highmodulus View Post
The Frozen gimmick wasn't a huge seller. Its just a novelty (and high maintenance) paint color. Nothing about it warrants a huge price increase. The fact that a 2013 remains glued to the lot despite sitting next to 2014 and now 2015s says everything. FYI- the few frozen paint M3s I have seen for resale have been priced around what non-frozen ones have. Same for Lime-rocks (although good luck finding a stock one, seems every I see is modded).

So, in summary their price is crazy pants. But it just takes one gullible sucker to fall for it. Once the 2015s show up I bet they will deal on it.
How many brand-new 2013 "frozen" M3s are available for sale? I'm well aware that you can get a low-mileage, used frozen or Lime Rock M3 for a lot less. This car isn't being marketed, nor priced, for someone looking for a low-mileage driver. If it was, the car would have been offered at MSRP and sold accordingly. There are a handful of collectors out there who will pay a premium for an exclusive model like this one. Of course, it remains to be seen if such an investment will yield returns. You would be a "gullible sucker" to buy this car if there were others in similar condition (read... "brand-new") for sale at a significantly lower price.
Appreciate 0