06-07-2015, 06:53 PM   #18
LindaTheCat
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K
PSS is good as a street tire. If you plan on doing any performance driving, the AD08R and other tires in the Extreme Performance class is a night and day difference - closer related to track compound tires than anything you'd use on the street.

I've ran both. The PSS is soft, comfortable for street driving. On track, it gets greasy and loses grip quickly as the heat goes up. The AD08R is much firmer on the street with stiff sidewalls. On track it can last longer and the stiff sidewalls provide more feedback than the squishy PSS tires.

You are comparing tires from two different tire classes... AD08R is Extreme performance and the PSS is Max Performance. In outright grip, the AD08R is better. As a balanced street tire, the PSS is better. PSS uses a harder wearing tire compound so it lasts a lot longer in normal driving. On the street, you will never need anything more than the PSS. But if you do track the car, AD08R provides the extra grip you want.

I originally bought PSS to save money over the AD08R which costs more. I found I didn't really drive as much on the street as I thought and wanted more grip for track use. The AD08R replaced the PSS and I haven't looked back.
That's about right!