07-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #26
dcat151
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6MT ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkan View Post
The shifter. Gods own hand must have been involved in the developement of this. It is just the right weight, precise and my definition of a perfect man machine interface. Really, I cant stress this enough. Really. REALLY. Hyperbole you say? Then you have not driven one.
Summary:
Con's- Too raw for everyday driving. Not enough power to compete with modern day sports cars (or minivans!). Tight interior. Soft top mechanism WILL wear a hole in your top (check out the s2k forums). Convertable tonneau is 1 piece, cant be stored in vehicle, hard to put on correctly, and is a pointless piece of crap. Enthusiast crowd trends younger and "ricer" style is part of that. Trunk is small (duh.)
Pro's - Very raw, jet fighter drive, great for corner carving. Top down on great day can not be matched. Fun to redline and tear around a bit.
BEST........SHIFTER.......EVER.

Sorry for the rambling, stream of consciousness thing going on.
I agree with the above.

I owned a 2002 for a number of years and used it as my only car. (Then, I had kids and got the BMW.) I would definitely pick up an S2000 as a second car now. It is not the fastest car in a straight line, but you feel very connected to the road and it is a blast to drive. The suspension can be harsh, but it handles great. And, it's pretty cheap to maintain and has Honda reliability. I prefer the AP1 to the AP2, but they are both loads of fun.

And, yes, it has the best gearbox ever made. Period.
Appreciate 0