12-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #21
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosc297 View Post
Good story!

I've done something similar though locally.

Cliff notes:
Guy advertises electronics on Craigslist for $800. I email him asking to bench test devices before purchasing. He says "sure". I go to his house and test the merchandise. Due to limitations at his household, I'm unable to test EVERY function but everything seems in good working order and the two units are in great cosmetic shape. Due to ATM limits, I only was able to bring 1/2 of the cash. So I offer $700 and that I'd take one unit and leave the other for now. He agrees.

I get home, and find several defects which I was unable to test for at his place (convenient for him). I call him and request my money back since he clearly knew about the flaws and made sure the testing conditions allowed for them to be hidden. He said "nope" I'm not refunding anything, you're stuck with it. I was pissed.

I check back on craigslist a week later and his post is still there as if he hasn't sold one of the items (which go together).
So i call my buddy and arrange a plan: Buddy calls this guy claiming he was out of town and wasn't able to call on the products. Guy says he has a buyer for the full $800 who is coming tonight to pay (which was a lie). So my friend plays it up like he really wants his stuff and offers the guy an additional $50 to sell it to him.
less than ten minutes later, the guy calls me and offers my money back if I can make it there that night.

So, I get money back. Guy gets shitty electronics. I treat my buddy to dinner. WIN

nicely done man....
Appreciate 0