03-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #239
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub View Post
OIC that you used 50% on the windshield. So, it sounds like you have not had any problems with visbility while driving at night and that if you did it again, you'd go darker on the windshield.

I did mean 70%...as in only 30% blockage of UV. My installer didn't recommend going below that amount for the windshield due to visibility concerns and detection. On my side and back windows, I went with Huper 40 if I remember correctly (could have been 30)...meaning that it blocks 60% and is darker.
My apologies. I missed the most important part of your post - that we're discussing your windshield. I have no problems whatsoever with 50% on my windshield. You can see out perfectly with no visibility issues. But personally I would not go any darker. I suppose you could go 40% on the windshield as well, but I think 50% does the trick perfectly. I think there's absolutely no reason to go 70%. Just a waste of cash.

Summary - go 50% on the windshield.

- esquire

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0