Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munit View Post
So I must admit I am pretty shocked and it has really made me question what the heck is going on with bmw. I never believed the 1 series really was going to be as roomy as the m3. I also didn't believe it about the old and new 6 series. This is until I recently drove both including having a 1 series (not 1m) for a week.

The 1 series has MORE interior room upfront than the 3 and also barely less leg room.

So I ask--where the heck is this overall size and weight coming from and why is it needed? There is no reason they could not take a 1 series size chassis, redesign and update a similar one and build a 3 series and m3 off of this. Let alone the 6 series in which it already has LESS room inside than the 1 series yet it weights 4100 pounds??? Why do these cars have to be so big

I initially thought, ok...people prefer more space and technology in their cars so they are growing. Well I clearly learned you have more space and tech in a 1 series cockpit so that is no reason to make the entire car bigger.

I really don't get it. My question is for this generation m4, why not take the current 1 series chassis and build a car off of that for the m4

I do get for the 3 series or non-m cars the longer wheelbase and such is desirable for ride comfort and compliance but nonetheless I feel they are way beyond what is noticable in additional comfort in ride.

Obviously I am not including people who want a bigger back seat although really the difference in the 1 and 3 backseat was marginal and neither are really comfortable for an adult
If you have to ask ... then let us tell you ....

It is all consumer driven, BMW like many others build what you and I want.

Have you not heard of bigger is better?

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0