View Single Post
      01-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #8
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
I plan to keep the job in all honesty, I don't detest it and it/business travel doesn't interfere so much with our lives at all, I want to stay as it's stable and the money will provide a steady future for us. My girlfriend works as hard as I do except where I tend not to work overtime as often as she, she will put in the hours needed so I guess she's understanding of my position. Bottom line, we want the money and as much as I hate to admit it it's what makes the world tick and what the luxuries in life are made of. I try to make sure I'm home for the weekends always so that we get some quality full days together but honestly, maybe one week in four i'm away for a day or two tops, then perhaps a handful of 1week+ trips per year which sucks but phone, text, skype help.

I actually took her with me on my last trip in December, she shopped while I went out and worked, we had a couple of really nice nights away and a great hotel so that's another option to soften the blow.

Thanks for the kind words . I'm just hitting my mid-20's so rather than drinking away my income I decided to take a grown-up approach to 2012 .
Understandable. If it helps both you and your gf live a comfortable life, why leave it, right?
I'm just starting to think that there are girls out there that will accept it and there are girls out there that don't. I'm hoping I don't fall into the latter (sp) so I want to make sure I'm approaching this with a sound mind and any advice or guidance that will help me I'd greatly appreciate.

Wow for someone in their mid-20's you are doing a great job! Keep it up!

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0