12-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #106
VMcV3y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC; 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
I don't see why. The OP just asked a question, and everyone else inflated this thread into something it wasn't. If the OP wants to keep things under wraps and sort things out with the dealer, that is his choice. Don't see why people can't respect that.

Just my opinion.

If one decides to post information on a public forum, then there's an assumption that you're equally willing to share the relevant background information.

Otherwise, it feels incomplete. And then you get a number of people that ask (repeatedly) for details. Maybe for context. Maybe for prurient purposes. Maybe for sheer gossip-fodder.

It's not much different than "I was in a vehicle collision, and my rear bumper was smashed. Where should I go to get a quote?" And people then responding with: "Pics?" "How much damage?" "Is the frame/modular-body bent?" "What were the circumstances of the collision?" blah blah blah.

If a poster prefers to keep the story to him/herself, then a poster should probably not write something on the Internet about it.

Just my opinion.

. V

2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic. >177k miles and still rocks!
Appreciate 0