02-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
I assume you mean 1.3"? 1.2" is what KW lists as the maximum safe drop. I would check your measurements and go from there.
Thanks! I did. The 13.0'' is measured from center of hub to edge of fender (recommended by KW). This mesurement avoids variances from different tire/wheel sizes. The rubbing only occurs when going up steep inclines (ie my driveway) at an angle to avoid scraping spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC919 View Post
iND made me a set of 8mm spacers for my rears a few years back to run 18x10 with 285/35s. I'd originally had 12mm spacers on the car before switching to that wheel/tire combo.
Thanks! Maybe I can take a pair of my 10 mm spacers to a machine shop and have them trim the backs 2 mm? Not sure how this would affect fitting over the hub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs619 View Post
perhaps the toe needs adjustment?
Thanks! I had alignment done (3 wks ago) after switching to the KW adj sleeve kit. Alignment was put back to same specs as I had previously. The Eibach springs raised the rear much more and so this rubbing did not occur.

Akra GT4 / MS Stage 2 / MS UDP / BPM Tune / KW CS / H&R Sways / TMS Delrin / ST 380/355 BBK / Cantrell 2.5" Ducts / SR34 Pads / Apex Arc-8 / Hoosier R7's / Mode GT4 Splitter / GT4 Canards / APR GT-250 Wing / Cantrell Half Cage / Recaro Pro Racer / Schroth Profi II-6 / BMW Alcantera Wheel / Cool Shirt / ESS Fire Supp / Solo DL
Appreciate 0