Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIEZON View Post
Hello Everyone,

I come from two x5 ownership experiences 4.4 and 4.8. I'm thinking of getting another (x50). Before I do I'm considering some alternatives. I'd love to get x5m but not in my budget. I like the stature, high ride and utility of x5. The new x3 I'm not sold on yet so I'm considering the m3 sedan. My wife has an x3 so we have the utility of an suv in the family. My driving is about 8,000 miles per year most of it is alone. I have one child so don't need a ton of room. So when I drive I want good looks, thrill, etc.

With this being said I'd love some insights and m3...

1) How is it in snow with appropriate tires? It appears like it has some type of traction control.

2) How is it in terms of comfort for long rides, daily driving and family use?

3) It appears like it has an automatic option with the double clutch trans.

4) It seems like mpg would be about the same as an x5 50i.

I appreciate any insights on any of these statements/questions. Thank you very much!
1. It's fine in snow, it's not a 4x4 but with appropriate winter tires (I used Michelin PA2s) so winter driving shouldn't be an issue and I live in NJ.

2. I recently moved so now I commute 95 miles each way twice a week. I don't arrive feeling beat up like some other sports cars would. We don't have kids yet but we never had an issue moving stuff or seating.

3. The DCT is great. A lifesaver in traffic

4. I get roughly 21-22MPG highway. In the city I averaged around 18.5MPG.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0