Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho281
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bimmer View Post
I had a blast at MSR and of course meeting good people and thanks for your help by the way. I got bit by the bug before I even tried it out, so now I'm feening for track time.

I will be attending a couple of events. On March 14th at the TX2k Texas World Speedway, April 27, 28 Lone Star BMWCCA at motorsport Ranch cresson and May 17-18 Driver's Edge @ Texas World Speedway again and COTA in June 7. So just a few events. I tried to get in others, but wasn't able to make the list. I made the list for some and forgot about them and James had to remind me about it!

Also I might be moving to South East Houston here soon, So I look forward to seeing some of you guys out there.
NP! Anytime! Wow! That's quite a line up. I guess you really did get bit by the track bug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Nice lap! Damn you learn quick!

If you want fun take the inside line over the launch. If you've got the balls...it can be pretty fast too! Basically you go over the launch turning and as the car "lands" on the back side you plant the car on the left side tires for the grip. Make sure you're smooth on the control or you'll be doing pirouettes into green pastures. But its really cool because the car feels so light and really weird when it comes over the back side of the hill sideways. Haven't really experienced that on any other track I've been on.
Thanks Jae! I thought about that line, but did not have the balls, as you put it. Maybe next time.
Lol...try it at 7/10ths first and then work your way up. You won't need the large nut sack until you get to 10/10ths...hell, I'm not even there yet!

It is difficult to get it consistently as it requires some timing. There's more variables since the car is turning. I get different amounts of grip and varied car trajectory. But it's more fun.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0