View Single Post
      11-28-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

100 octane is amazing

So I was a non believer, mostly because 99 percent of cars will not see a lick of benefit from going beyond the 93 octane you can get. However I had a few barrels of 100 octane I normally mix but just filled a tank with straight 100 to give it a whirl. Car felt like a completely different animal in regards to its pulling power. 1st gear pulls were absolutely out of control and 3rd-4th on freeway speeds were downright fast compared to 93 octane.

Kind of makes me wish I never did this because there is no station here that offers pump 100 and it is way too much of a hassle to pump your own gas out of 5 gallon barrels, not to mention the cost. I am also obviously not a competitive track star but nonetheless it was sure fun. I guess I know what my "treat" will be in the future. Forget spending money on booze or something else, ill just have some 100 octane fun.

really surprised at how much this engine can crankout beyond 93 octane. I know dyno's have proven this but to experience it is something else
Appreciate 0