View Single Post
      03-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #47
JoM3z
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 CP XDrive G82 M4 - SSG

Garage List
Unfortunately I married a smart woman, things like this won't fly.

Wife:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
You should bring it up as a "safety issue". The reasoning would be this:
You: Honey you know I love you very much
She: Yes, dear, what do you want now?
You: Well you know that M3 that I bought? Its a beautiful car and part of the reason tha I bought it is because I like to have this safety margin of knowing that if I'm in a situation where I need to stomp the throttle to escape danger I can do that. But since we moved up here, my car lost so much power that I can't bear to think about what would happen if I'm faced with this unusual situation. I'm pretty confident that I need a SC kit for safety reason
She: well, safety is important, why don't you go ahead and buy one
You: Thank you dear.

All jokes aside, bolt ons will not get you the power levels back up. In the endn you will spend 60% of the cost of a supercharger. On top of that, the xpipe, and exhaust can be added on later for even more gains. There are plenty of used kits for sale now, well below 8K. I think VF is running a promotion on their kits right now too. Unless someone has forgotten to check/change the oil of the blower unit, these kits are pretty bullet proof, so buying used should not be a concern.

My suggestion would be to get the charger if you are looking to gain those power levels back up.
Good luck.
Appreciate 0