View Single Post
      02-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #132
J-9
Converting 93 octane to noise.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F85 X5M

Long time since the last post, but considering Turner Motorsport has the E92 M3 Borla Aggressive Cat-back for almost 20% off I decided to jump on it. With the 300 bucks I saved, I had our local race shop handle the install, paying for it and then some. BTW, I got the aggressive (vice the "touring") version since this was the one I saw reviewed on here and in the vids.

First impressions: Virtually the same as OP. It is loud at start, idle and below 2k rpm, but settles in with warm-up. It does not drone at highway speed, but any small kiss of the throttle makes it growl, which is fantastic. The deep bass note cannot be overstated and seldom comes through on the sound clips and vids probably due to microphone and speaker limits. The bass simply SURROUNDS you. This is why I got Borla: these guys know how to make a V8 growl. The car now sounds as wicked as it looks and the ugly stock exhaust "bags" that hung below the rear bumper are gone. They reminded me of a redneck's balls on a trailer hitch.

Anyway, I'm highly satisfied with my purchase and it exceeded my expectations. There's about a week left for the discount at Turner Motorsport. They also sent some nice swag: a Borla ballcap, Borla sticker and a Turner Motorsport calendar. All components were well-boxed; it looked like it took a beating during the UPS ground shipment but came through fine and my technician said it all fit perfectly.

I doubt I'll see performance gains unless I get an ECU/dyno tune, but shedding the weight should improve 1/4 mi times a bit.

Last edited by J-9; 02-22-2011 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0