View Single Post
      04-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
werly
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR E92 M3

Velos Tuning & Huge Thanks to Omar

Yes eventually I got in touch with Omar@Velos Designwerks through a good friend of mine.

Omar is beyond kind and patient to provide fast responses with rich information to answer my questions about the Velos Tune.

After communicating with Omar for couple days I made up my mind and placed the order with him. Shipping is unbelievably fast and here is a mini unboxing section using iphone:

Open box shot, first is the personal tuner so I do not need to send in my computer unit

Underneath are the accessories (USB, OBDII, flash drive..etc)

The night that I received the package I eagerly hooked up the personal tuner to my car to read the stock file; it took a little bit less than 2 hours.

Velos then got back to me first thing in the morning with the "stage 2" modded ECU since I run catless set up. I threw in the tuned file in right away and this time took about a hour, finished right before my morning commute. So I tried it out.

The tune remaps DME including changes to several tables such as fuel, ignition, throttle, filling maps, torque maps, etc...

First thing I noticed of course is the cold start delete. NO MORE DROOOONE that bothers everyone around me. Not to get too technical but overall the catless xpipe + tubi runs much more stable airflow, never will the O2 sensors miscommunite and constantly repeat cold start over and over. The discolor issue that I had on exhaust tips before the tune is now reduced due to the new a/f adjustments and the engine is burning fuel in a cleaner and much efficient way.

And also because of cleaner and more efficient combustion, the smell comes out bit less than before. I almost choked by the smell before but now, although it is not significantly reduced, I do live with it peacefully, so I will hold on to my 200 cell cats for now.

Next is the power. Throttle response, like most tunes out there, gets better/smoother. It is now easier to shift up/down esp in my 6mt. As it gets to 3000+ rpm the difference shows. As a driver there is definitely more pull from behind the car when accelerating. And when I pushed the M button...before the button makes the car faster, now it makes the car scarier all the way to redline. I did not get a chance to dyno since I am working Monday to Friday and the only dyno place I know does not open on weekends so apology for the lack of back up evidence. The gains should be around 15 rwhp & 12 lb ft of tq.

Overall the tune delivers a pleasant result and addresses to all accounts that I had with solely catless xpipe. It makes the car smells better, sounds better, runs better, and I am able to go back to stock anytime I'd like.

Great tune and great people @ Velos.
Appreciate 0